Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Madeover Moon Pie

Here is my latest concoction of protein inspired goodness! To create these high protein, nutritious, chocolate covered cookies, you will need the following. 


Cookie:
1 cup unflavored instant oatmeal
2 scoops Cake Batter protein from Vitamin Shoppe.  
1 can chickpeas
1 cup liquid egg white
1 t xylitol
1 t baking powder

Filling:
6 oz nonfat Greek yogurt
1 T vanilla extract
1 t xylitol

1 bag of dark chocolate chips for coating

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a blender, mix the chickpeas and liquid egg white. Mix into bowl with xylitol, baking powder, oatmeal, and protein. Stir. 

On a greased cookie sheet (I used coconut oil), drop dough into "cookie-sized" drops. Mine were 3-4 tablespoons large. Bake for 20-30 minutes. 



Mix ingredients for the filling and, once cooled, sandwich the cookies as pictured. Then place in freezer for 45-60 minutes. Melt dark chocolate in microwave, stirring as needed. Quickly drop and coat sandwiches in chocolate. Place them onto a tray and refrigerate immediately. 
I was unsure how these would turn out, but I was pretty happy with the final product. A bit more crispy than I anticipated, but delicious none the less. Even my mom, who typically doesn't like what I eat, said they smelled good. Maybe eventually I can get her to try one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment