Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Alpha Amino Gummy Bears

Hey all! I was inspired by recipe I had seen for Cellucor C4 gummies...so here is my modified version featuring the Alpha Amino gummies!  Alpha Aminos contain 5g of BCAAs and 11 additional amino acids including glutamine.  Amino acids are quickly absorbed into the blood stream and don't need to be digested--so they can fuel your muscles faster and more efficiently.  The alphas contain leucine too, maximizing the body's ability to fuel muscle, preserve muscle glycogen stores and reduce protein breakdown.  It's chia seed extract contains all eight essential amino acids as well as omega-3s, iron, magnesium, calcium, potassium and fiber.  The Alpha Aminos are available at cellucor.com.

Ingredients
1/2 c. ice cold water
3 envelopes unflavored gelatin
1 packet sugar free flavored gelatin

Directions
Stir powdered ingredients. Stir in water. Pour into mold (or leave in freezer safe container). Freeze for a minimum of ten minutes or overnight. 
I waited 15 minutes and they turned out amazingly well!

Store gummies in ziploc bag in fridge.

Interested in learning more about my online fitness programs and challenges? Click here to stay hot and get healthy!





16 comments:

  1. You're vegetarian but eating gelatin? You should Google gelatin...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Nick! There are several definitions of vegetarian. Some eat fish, some do not. Some eat egg and dairy, some do not. I dislike red meat, seafood, and poultry. I'm well aware of what gelatin is ;)

      Delete
  2. Does Cellucor Alpha Amino really works for women?please suggest me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Hi Sophia,

      I typically have about 2 scoops pre/during/after my workout. Depending on when that is, I may have a scoop after waking in the morning and another one later in the afternoon between meals. That's probably the most I have in one day and that's not typical. Hope this helps!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Yes, I love the watermelon flavor! That's the one I'm currently using :)

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love using Alpha Amino during my workout. I usually take one scoop intra workout when I do fasted cardio

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here :) I just ordered some! Which flavors have you had?

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete