Monday, July 6, 2015

Protein Banana Bread

If you're anything like me, you occasionally buy more bananas than you can eat.  While typically I enjoy freezing bananas and using them to add thickness and flavor to my protein shakes, I decided to experiment with this brown-spotted bunch.  The result?  An amazingly healthy, delicious and easy to make banana bread! 
Ingredients
3 eggs
6 ripes bananas
1/2 cup applesauce
1/2 cup xylitol
2 cups whole wheat flour
2 scoops Quest Nutrition Vanilla protein (purchase here from Vitamin Shoppe and receive free shipping)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  Combine all ingredients and pour into a baking dish (I coated mine with coconut oil).  Bake for approximately 50 minutes.  Enjoy!  Bananas are a great source of potassium which stimulates your muscles, nerves and brain cells, and can help reduce blood pressure and the risk of stroke.

No comments:

Post a Comment