- Collagen is the number one protein in your body!
- Collagen is the "glue" that holds your body together, making up your bones, tendons, ligaments and giving skin its elasticity.
- Collagen supplementation not only can increase the amount of collagen fibers, but new fibers are more organized and less prone to fraying--leading to a more youthful appearance.
- Collagen supplementation has been shown to reduce joint pain caused by arthritis.
- Typically, after age 25, we lose about 1.5% of collagen each year.
- Collagen is absorbed best when consumed on an empty stomach (wait 30 minutes before eating).
- Vitamin C plays an important role in the production of collagen.
- The Vitamin C in the Vitamin Water improves the absorbency of the collagen. A 20 oz. bottle contains 150% of your daily value.
- Pineapple is also a fantastic source of Vitamin C. It contains 105% of the daily value per 1 cup serving. Pineapple also contains bromeliad, an enzyme that can reduce bloating and may help arthritis pain by easting inflammation.
1 scoop NeoCell Super Collagen powder
8 oz. Vitamin Water Zero Orange
1 cup frozen pineapple
Blend and serve. The NeoCell brand can be purchased here from Vitamin Shoppe.