Saturday, February 25, 2012

Day 3 of Recovery / Blog Intro


Decided to start this blog because I wanted a place to post my pinterest attempts! :) And, in the past, I've written various blogs on sites like Spark People, Bodyspace, etc. and decided that I should create my own to create more of a "blog identity" for myself! And what better time to do this than during my leave of absence from work.

That's right! I FINALLY had surgery done to fix the herniated disc in my back, which I've been dealing with since October 2010. Just 4 days ago, I had a disectomy and laminectomy done at L5/S1. If anyone reading this has any familiarity with back pain, they know that's a common injury and a common procedure...as for the pain, NOT SO COMMON! It was agonizingly debilitating during the first few months. The entire time I've been working full time in a fitness center and part time doing modeling. Staying active kept me from from recovering 100% despite all the conservative treatments I tried.

So, I'm on my way to feeling better and am excited to have a new outlook on things since the physical pain and restrictions were also affecting my mental and emotional health.

This blog will continue to evolve as I do, touching on subjects that affect everyone and people can relate to: fitness, nutrition, DIY projects, style, makeup, etc! As the title, Inspirelinge, implies, it's meant to be thought provoking and give readers the motivation and encouragement to try something new or to change their current behavior/way of thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment